Grow into your greatness, bank with us!
As a home-grown bank, we place importance on improving lives and meeting the needs of our citizens in the communities in which we operate by promoting sustainable change.
In pursuit of our CSR objectives Zanaco has identified four pillars of focus that include: Environmental Sustainability, Education, Financial Education/ Literacy and Health.
1. SUSTAINABILITY MISSION
We strive to be a Bank that is socially inclusive, environmentally accountable, and well-governed. Our aspiration is to help our clients with their own sustainability transition. This commitment serves as the foundation for all of our solutions and products.
Our sustainability strategy is guided by seven (7) pillars. These are;
• Environmental and Social Risk – we have an E&S framework that feeds into the bank’s operations
• Sustainable Capital Markets – we seek to transition from non-sustainable capital market products to Green Outcomes Fund, Green Bonds, Sustainability Bonds etc
• Sustainable Lending – we offer credit lines aimed at supporting a green economy
• Human Capital – this pillar focuses on promoting gender equality and equity
• Corporate Real Estate – Our goal is to have Zanaco’s infrastructure be green. From our ATMs and branches to our Head Office
• Corporate Social Responsibility, Public Policy, and Lobbying – this pillar focuses on practicing environmentally and socially sustainable CSR whilst using effective communication channels to advocate for change and/ or disseminate Public Policy
• Integrated Reporting – We are proud to announce that we published our first integrated report for the 2022 Financial year.
The Zanaco Plant A Million campaign, launched in May 2022, aims to tackle the adverse effects of climate change. We do this by planting fruit and/ or medicinal trees in Zambian learning institutions. This done through our branches that are dotted across the country as well as the teams in Head Office. Our campaign is anchored against three sustainable development goals. These are;
SDG 2: Zero Hunger – To end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. The fruits will be a source of nutrition for everyone
SDG 3: Good Health and Wellbeing – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. The trees will be a source of income for the school.
SDG 13: Climate Action – To take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts as the trees will neutralize carbon emissions.
We are excited for 2024 and the amazing partnerships we have lined up to help Green Zambia.
We launched our Inaugural Zanaco Green Innovation Challenge in August 2023 in partnership with Water for Water. The challenge aims to advance innovation in sustainability by identifying, supporting and celebrating Zambian owned green initiatives and businesses.
The businesses are mentored and taught on how to make their business bankable whilst focusing on addressing one of the three Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) listed below;
• SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
• SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
• SDG 13: Climate Action
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc
P.O Box 33611
© Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc